The Coleman Chamber Concerts were started in 1904 by Alice Coleman, a gifted pianist living in Pasadena. Local chamber musicians performed early concerts in private homes. The Coleman Concerts moved to the Pasadena Playhouse in 1927, and began to feature ensembles from throughout the United States and Europe.
The Sunday afternoon six-concert series has been in Beckman Auditorium on the Caltech campus since 1965, presenting the finest chamber ensembles, with varying instrumentation and programs which balance classic and contemporary repertoire.
All concerts are on Sunday afternoons at 3:30 p.m.
- David Finckel & Wu Han (10/14/18)
- REBEL (11/11/18)
- The Pražák Quartet and The Zemlinsky Quartet (1/27/19)
- Berlin Philharmonic Wind Quintet (2/10/19)
- Escher String Quartet with David Speltz, cello (3/17/19)
- Quatuor Danel (4/7/19)
- Emerson String Quartet (10/27/19)
- Jasper String Quartet with Nicholas Phan, tenor (11/24/19)
- Concerto Italiano (1/12/20)
- Elias String Quartet (2/16/20)
- Takács Quartet (3/22/20)
- Camerata RCO (4/5/20)